Tuesday, March 2, 2010

4 Rules for Omitting Useless Calories from My Diet

1. Do not eat food from the kids’ plates when cleaning up after a meal.
2. Do not eat food just because you are walking by it.
3. Do not eat food just because you’ve gotten all the kids in bed and finally have a minute to sit down.
4. Do not eat food because it’s easier than putting it back in the fridge.

Thinking I’m tough with the dead lift. I was talking to my sister last night, and I asked her how much she can dead lift—285 pounds is her best! Okay, I can work up from my measly 105. Not that I’ll ever have significant shoulders. My dad used to call me “chicken wings.” My sister is so strong!! She used to piggyback my dad around. And she’d probably smoke half the male population in an arm wrestle. She is a great athlete.

Two of our trainers qualified in the Utah/Nevada Crossfit regionals. Here’s a link to a video of my trainer Robin Lyons coming first in one of the WOD competitions. I have a soft spot in my heart for her since she is half Canadian, was my Foundations trainer, and was a Canadian track and field champ and a bobsledder.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Games2010_UTsect_wod2female.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment